Are you feeling overwhelmed or just not coping with life?
Find out how you can use your past to create your future with a therapist who has more than textbook knowledge.
Sometimes life can get on top of you, can’t it? With so much going on and being pulled in different directions, it can get overwhelming. But for those who’ve had an unhappy childhood, feeling overwhelmed or not coping can be a daily challenge.
For adults who have experienced unhappy or difficult childhoods, it may feel like all of sudden the ways you used to cope don’t work anymore.
Or, an event may have happened in your life which has impacted you in ways beyond your current understanding. Perhaps you’re feeling helpless, unloved, out of control or worst of all, you feel like a failure.
If there has been abuse, trauma or neglect, it is absolutely normal that you’re not over it yet. Many people who have experienced these traumatic events can get stuck and no amount of talking with family or friends helps you to get over it.
Can you relate to any of these statements?
- My main childhood memory is feeling unloved, unwanted or unworthy
- I feel like I’m different to everyone around me, no one sees me for who I really am
- I find it hard to say no to anyone, the need to please drives what I do
- I find myself in relationships I don’t want to be in but I don’t know how to get out of them
- I fear being rejected, abandoned or alone, so I put up with things that really hurt me
- When I know that I’m physically safe I feel anxious or scared
- Even though I ‘should’ be happy, I’m just not
For adults who’ve had unhappy, difficult, abusive or traumatic childhoods, what you’re experiencing is normal and are symptoms of your past. Research shows that your childhood has a major impact on the development of your personality, and your ability to live a happy and fulfilled life.
Where it was once thought that childhood wounds were permanent, studies have now proved that healing and recovery from the past is possible.
You cannot change your past but you can shift how it influences you.
Through working with me it is possible to:
- Develop coping strategies to help you feel in control
- Manage your emotions so you can live a more peaceful life
- Understand your distress so you can start to let go of painful life events
- Improve relationships so you can have greater harmony and happiness
- Increase self-esteem so you can make healthy choices in your life
- Increase self-confidence so you can achieve what you want in life
- Feel loved and loveable to your core to gain inner strength and stability
- Know who you are so you can live boldly and graciously
This is all possible by working with me, a highly skilled counsellor who is experienced in helping adult survivors of emotional, physical, sexual and childhood abuse and neglect.
My greatest hope for you is that you will have the freedom to be who you are so you can live boldly and graciously.
Phone Rita on 0433 043 102 and make an appointment today