How I work
I choose to work according to the practice guidelines as set out by The Blue Knot Foundation, Australia’s premier research and educational organisation, whose sole purpose is to help adults who are surviving the effects of abuse.
I share the Foundation’s philosophy that recovery is possible from childhood wounds, you are the expert of what helps and what doesn’t, and that your survival is an extraordinary testament to your strength and resilience.
- Make sure you feel safe at every stage of therapy
- We will learn what soothes you and helps with the pain
- The therapy will suit you, not you having to fit the therapy
- We will use your strengths to help you in your recovery
- We work within your limits and at your pace
- We will engage all your senses to help your recovery
- You will be in control and informed every step of the way
Together, we will discover what recovery means to you. That is, how would you feel and what would change in your life so that you know at what point you have achieved your recovery.
Four reasons to work with me
- I specialise primarily in working with adults who are living with the effects of emotional, physical, sexual and childhood abuse.
- I passionately believe that what has hurt you can transform you. You can use your past to create your future.
- Many clients report gaining an increase of inner peace, are able to let go of painful events and have clarity to get what they want out of life.
- Like you, I’m an adult survivor of emotional, physical and sexual abuse who has been where you are right now. I know that there can be a light that comes out of the darkness.
Qualified to help
- Bachelor of Applied Social Science (Counselling)
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Member of the Australian Counselling Association
- Member of Australia Counselling
- Listed on The Blue Knot Foundation’s referral database
Experienced to help
- Counsellor at the Aids Council of NSW (ACON) supporting the GLBTiQ community
- Trained over 500 students in the Diploma of Counselling at the School of Vocational Educational Training (VET) at the Australian College of Applied Psychology (ACAP)
- Worked with many adult survivors of childhood abuse, trauma and neglect
Discover how to use your past to create your future. Phone 0433 043 102